Chess Problems Forum Index Chess Problems
Chess Problems

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions from MaltaCross

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaltaCross
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Suggestions from MaltaCross Reply with quote

May I please propose the following suggestions :

a) a facility should be added to enable the user to TURN AROUND the chess board, such that when he is playing Black, the Black side would be at the bottom. I think that such a facility would be highly useful.

b) another facility I suggest is that the person who originally posted the chess problem, should be alerted when someone adds a comment on the said chess problem. Additionally, the commentor should also be informed when said person reads the alert.
Alternatively, after submitting a comment, the commentor should have the option of sending a private message to the person who originally posted the chess problem, without having to search that person from amongst the hundereds of registered users.
It would also be nice for the commentator to know the last time that the said person visited this web site.

c) I think that data should be kept of the moves that users attempt to solve chess problems. Armed with such data, the animation sequences could be further expanded to cater for those moves that users frequently attempt to a given chess problem. This will greatly improve the usability of the site, since many times the chess engine takes forever to come up with its own counter-reply (and sometimes it simply says "Off path" and simply abandons the game!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chess Problems Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: