Chess Problems Forum Index Chess Problems
Chess Problems

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

biaised ratings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
papadoble
Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: biaised ratings Reply with quote

I have noticed that pushing the button "animate solution", before any attempt to solve, solves the problem for the user and decreases the rating accordingly.
To have a fair rating it would be better to have the problem be marked as unsolved in this event.
The same applies for the "navigate solution" button.

To sum up, I suggest that when an unsolved problem is asked by a user to "animate solution" or "navigete solution", it becomes counted as unsolved for the user and its rating is increased as it must be.
mrmip
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly!
The alternative is to have these controls deactivated (grayed out) until the solver has committed either right or wrong answer.

Just out of curiosity, Adum. Is anyone working (=maintaining, modifying) the applet currently? When was the last change?
Is there any realistic hope to have f.ex. the " 10 last comments" feature implemented?

Do not get me wrong. This is a great site - but it could be even better! Rolling Eyes
adum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this would indeed be a key fix. i'll try to take a look.

the development on the site and applet is sporadic -- i don't have a definite timetable, but will get to things for sure in the future.

thanks,
adum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chess Problems Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: