Chess Problems Forum Index Chess Problems
Chess Problems

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ratings do not mean anything!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
papadoble
Master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: ratings do not mean anything!! Reply with quote

This is to confirm what mrmip said in the 'General' forum. To have a problem marked as solved and see his rating decrease it suffices to animate the solution.
MaltaCross
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: (further to my post in the "Groups" forum) Reply with quote

First of all, I think that the situation described here by papadoble is a very annoying bug which should be solved, i.e., animating a problem should not be allowed to effect the problem's rating. This is up to the site administrator to see to it, I think.

Failing the administrator's intervention, can we "edit" the ratings of chess problems posted by others, so as to make such ratings more real ?
Shocked Is there some way to carry out such editing? Do you need to have special permissions to do such a thing?
mrmip
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the solution here is that the navigate/animate buttons should be initially inactive. Only when the user tries a solution 'Right' or 'Wrong' is added to the rating and navigate/animate buttons are activated.

Solvers, who only want to see the solution will enter any move and press Restart. Then activate the Animate solution.

As for the non-registered quests the procedure should be the same, but their solutions should not count against the rating (to prevent multiple anonymoys entries to confuse the rating).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chess Problems Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: