Chess Problems Forum Index Chess Problems
Chess Problems

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with problem #7153

View previous topic :: View next topic  
koukol
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: problem with problem #7153 Reply with quote

First things first.

I'm an amateur chess player (a lousy one Embarassed), I'm new around here and I'd like to say "Hi!". I've discovered this site a few days ago and have been enjoying it since. Thumbs up for your work.

Now, I've reached problem #7153, posted by ala53 and I've found an alternate move for black which makes it impossible to mate in three moves. I've tested it in Fritz13 and always shows it as the best move. It doesn't prevent mate, but as I say, it will take a few more moves to mate the black king.

Using the navigate solution feature to force black to make that particular move, ends up with the lady in the picture to yell "Wrong!", so I'm not sure if I'm positive about what I'm stating here. But here's the actual move:

1. Bh3 Kc7

See I've you want to give it a try and share your ideas.
Thanks in advance!

PS: Sometimes it's impossible for me to load the website. "Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET)" from Chrome, and it appears to be down for everybody...
mrmip
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 1.Bh3 Kc7 there is 2.Qg4! forming a lethal battery. If then 2...Kd8 3.Qd7# and against any other moves simply 3.Qc8#.
So there is a mate in 3 moves afterall.
koukol
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Sir are totally right! It's strange Fritz won't solve that mate in just 3 moves. I'll try to leave it analyzing a bit longer.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay. And sorry to ala53 too, the problem is just fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chess Problems Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: