Chess Problems Forum Index Chess Problems
Chess Problems

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Add Genre and groups like on goproblems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LCzlapinski
Master

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Add Genre and groups like on goproblems Reply with quote

Be able to select categories that the problem is in like on goproblems.
Mating attacks: basic mates, mate in x
Endgame
Tactics: pin, skewer, knight forks, combinations, etc.
Strategic: creating a pass pawn, etc.
Openings: might have some later
Middle game
adum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i'm going to have a category system, but i'm going to do it a little differently than goproblems. this one is going to be a tree-based structure. right now i'm trying to think of all the different category types, and then i'll design the tree. the categories you list are a good start. if you can think of any more, i'd like to hear all ideas!

thanks,
adum
Daniel Sarmiento
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LCzlapinski wrote:
Be able to select categories that the problem is in like on goproblems.
Mating attacks: basic mates, mate in x
Endgame
Tactics: pin, skewer, knight forks, combinations, etc.
Strategic: creating a pass pawn, etc.
Openings: might have some later
Middle game

I think this is a excelent idea and if carried out it would be a good addition to the site.
chesspuzzlemaker
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This more than anything could turn this site from a very fun sorta pass-time chess site, into probably the best ways to learn chess on the net.(as goproblems.com was for me with go) I would like to see problems rated not only on their coolness (beauty i guess) but also on how much they inform you teach you about the game. So the classic smothered mate happening in a real game hopefully gets a 10 there, but something composed but is more interesting gets a lower rating. So then we have problems we learn from, tactics, strategy, endgame, opening like the first poster said, and stuff that is composed and or very difficult and takes 20 minutes to solve or is more of a chess problem for arts sake. Dividing into themes could not only increase members but stimulate problem submission as well. If we see there are not enough forking themed problems for example, we can fill the void and so forth. But what ever you do I look forward to it. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chess Problems Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: